NSW DPI Varietal Showcase – Durif under the spotlight
Date(s) - 11 May 2016
all day event
NSW Primary Industries
Email: [email protected]
Varietal Showcase – Durif under the spotlight
- Peter Dry will provide an overview of Durif covering all aspects of viticulture.
- The science of Durif, a South African perspective – Alain Deloire NWGIC & Stephanie Wiid from Fairview Wines South Africa.
- Viticulture and Winery case studies from several of Australia’s leading Durif wine exponents, including;
Bill Calabria – Calabria Family Wines
Julie Mortlock – De Bortoli Wines
David Morris – Morris Wines
Marc Scalzo & Matt Partridge – Rutherglen Wines
Grant Delves – Grower of McWilliams Hanwood 1913 Durif
- Nick Bullied MW will lead a tutored tasting of Australian and International Durif wines.
- This is a great opportunity for grape growers, viticulturists, winemakers & cellar door staff to taste and reflect on what is modern day Durif wine.